"My husband and I are avid cyclists and find the quality of massage at Redwood Massage and Sauna highly beneficial to relieving muscle soreness and associated aliments resulting from long distance cycling. I appreciate the comfortable, non-pretentious atmosphere and staff. I especially appreciate the massage therapists' attention to my specific needs; never have I received a generic 'one size fits all' spa massage."Carolyn Chow
Benefits of Massage
As we age many of us face the toll taken on our health and well being by stress of everyday living. We begin to realize that illness and pain seem to be associated with lack of self-awareness and the associated neglect of our emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
There remains within us all a need to balance our knowledge and success with and the world in which we live.
The art and science of therapeutic massage can help us to somatically experience who we really are - from the inside out. It helps us evaluate our level of stress and connect to the messages our bodies send us long before illness and pain occur, but which we are sometimes too busy to listen to.
Massage has been demonstrated to:
- Reduce levels of stress hormones
- Release muscular tension
- Increase levels of hormones in the brain associated with peak metal functioning and positive mood
- Enhance the immune system
- Lower heart rate and blood pressure
- Improve circulation
- Promote healing and rehabilitation of soft tissues injuries (to muscle, tendon, etc.)
- Balance energy
- Support optional physical and athletic performance
- Enhance awareness of one's health and ability cope with stress